Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Water Ceremonie in Wisconsin

Water Ceremony sacred for two participants in Northwest Wisconsin


insectamonarca
September 14, 2010 at 10:36 pm
On Saturday, September 11, a participant and I gathered up our ceremonial materials and walked to the sand dunes near my home in Minong, Wisconsin.
Jackie arrived about 6:30 p.m. and we shortly found our way to the sacred sands. We put a cloth dowlarge enough to make an alter. I brought flowers and the vessel to carry the artesian water. Beforehand I went to the woods between Shell Lake and Spooner where the water flows free of contaminents and chemicals. Mother Earth's blood (which is water) just bubbles up to the surface in this enchanted forest. I always thank the water before taking any.
Jackie brought a photo picture of her guru. I bround gourd rattles. One gourd is from the gourds I found growing in a dirt pile last year and the other gourd was from New Mexico. It is a piote medicine rattle. I brought my birch clapping sticks and drum which was given to me by an elder who made me promise I would use it only to pray for water. I never dreamed a few years ago when Frank gave it to me that someday I would be a Council Guide. I am honored to say I am now with the Sisterhood of Indigenous Water Rites. I feel very honored by both blessings.
I can't really tell you what took place at the ceremony. Perhaps someday if you are a woman you will come and share this sacred ceremony with us. I can say that we prayed for the Net of Light workshop in Ireland who were connected with us through mutual intentions and ceremony. I can say that we thanked the water and each in turn talked to the water and told her we loved her. I did say I knew that mankind often did not respect her, contaminated and polluted her. I asked for forgiveness of these unconscious and sometimes cruel acts. I acknowledged that we are made up of mostly water and we need fresh water around the world for humanity and for seven generations out.
Both Jackie and I performed the Nibi Wabo water ceremony. We also danced around the alter and sang. I did notice the tiniest of little miniture flowers on sliver stalks. I wonder if anyone on Earth saw such sweet flowers that we were careful not to step on as we danced. As we bid gooodbye to the ceremony, we saw the new moon on the third day as a sliver of light, first star and the sunset all at the same time. It was glorious how the clouds turned pink to the east as we looked over the horizon and saw the valley hills around us.
We took the blessed water afterwards and gave some to Mother Earth at certain spots. One was at the sweet fern that I prayed for several years ago. I wanted her to come up the hill from the other side and adorn the sand dunes. Then we carried some to the fir trees that are starting by succession to come into the sand dunes. Then we blessed milkweed and sacred prairie sage that I planted in 2008. I have been seeding this site for years in the hopes of making a sanctuary for the monarch butterfly. It is working, butterflies do flutter here in season.
We need to respect water. Please visit and learn that not all people are as fortunate as we are in the USA. Many people and countries need water. Can you imagine being thirsty? Have a heart and open your eyes to others in need at http://twitter.com/charitywater
Remember: Water is not a resourse to be squandered. Water is the source of life. Say a prayer of thanksgiving when you lift the water of life to your lips and be grateful.
I am grateful to Congressman Dennis Kucinich who wrote a bill to stop the privatization of the Great Lakes water. You can learn more at http://kucinich.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=202500
Washington, Aug 7 - "Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) today announced H.R. 6006, which closes a loophole that allows the bottled water industry to divert or export an unlimited amount of water from the Great Lakes. The bill was introduced along with cosponsors Bart Stupak (MI), Marcy Kaptur (OH) and Betty McCollum (MN)."
Source: Congressman Dennis Kuchiich's Web site.
Be happy insectamonarca friends where ever you are.

1 comment:

  1. This brings sweet tears of joy to my eyes as I read it as I am from the southernmost part of Wisconsin and it warms my heart to know that others are praying for healing for the waters here too!

    Bless You Abundantly for your Special Ceremony for the Life Blood of Mother Earth!
    Mitakuye Oyasin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So Much for Sharing Your Heart!!!